Northern Municipal Services (NMS)
NMS provides the following services to support the financial and municipal well-being of northern communities.
Municipal administration of the District
Municipal advisory services for northern municipalities in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District (NSAD)
- Training and administrative support for elected and appointed staff in northern municipalities.
Professional planning services for all NSAD communities
Financial administration of the District
Administration of the Northern Municipal Trust Account
- The Northern Municipal Trust Account (NMTA) is a special account established under The Northern Municipalities Act, 2010.
- The purpose of the NMTA is to provide for the administration of funds and property held by the Minister of Government Relations.
Management of Northern Grant Programs and other programs
- Northern Municipal Revenue Sharing.
- Northern Capital Grant Program.
- Northern Water and Sewer Program.
- Wildfire Mitigation Project.
- Planning for Growth Program.
- Circuit Rider Program (ATAP).
- Emergency Water and Sewer Repair.
- Northern Residential Subdivision Development Program.
- Municipal Administrative Capacity Building.