Northern Village of Green Lake
The Northern Village of Green Lake is one of the oldest communities in Saskatchewan with the North West Company first establishing a post in 1782, and the Hudson's Bay Company opening a competing post in 1799. The fur trade industry has had a prominent history in this area continuing up to the 1970's when the Hudson's Bay Company post closed.
The community is located in north-west Saskatchewan at the southern end of Highway 155 that extends north to La Loche, SK. It also lies along Highway 55 that extends west to the neighbouring City of Meadow Lake, which is about half-an-hour away from the municipality. The population of the Village is 411 (2021 Census).
Green Lake adopted their Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw in 2012, receiving Ministerial Approval and coming into force on November 9, 2012. The bylaws are available on the Village website.