Sustainable Northern Food Resources
The resource links below are provided for information only and are not an endorsement of the external link content.
Sustainable Northern Food Production Initiatives
- Île-à-la Crosse Fish Plant Inc.
- Northern Wild Fishery (Wollaston Lake, including a retail outlet in Prince Albert)
- J. Waite Fisheries Inc. (Buffalo Narrows)
- Boreal Heartland Herbal Products (Air Ronge)
- La Loche modular farm
- La Loche Community Greenhouse (at Friendship Centre)
- Sakitawak Market Garden (Île-à-la Crosse)
- Beauval grow tunnels
- Black Lake community greenhouse
- Buffalo Narrows Community Garden
- Riese's Canadian Lake Wild Rice (La Ronge)
- Northern Lights Foods (La Ronge)
- Against the Grain WIld Rice (La Ronge)
- "Market gardens in northern Sask. growing prosperity from 'sand'"(CBC article)
- "Greenhouse Project Helps Build Community [Montreal Lake Cree Nation] - APTN"
- "Northern Manitoba First Nation aims to help feed community, fight diabetes with expanded vertical farm project" [Opaskwayak Cree Nation/The Pas/Kelsey, MB.] and related podcast.
- Statements of Provincial Interest (Agriculture and Value Added Agribusiness)
Sustainable Northern Food Security Research & Background
- Saskatchewan Food Security Initiatives Inventory (Food Security Canada)
- Food Security in the North (University of Saskatchewan, College of Agriculture and Bioresources)
- Aboriginal Food Security in Northern Canada (Council of Canadian Academies (CCA))
- The Cost of Healthy Eating in Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Food Costing Task Group
- Guidelines for Establishing a Northern Greenhouse Project (International Centre for Northern Governance and Development)
- "Caribou Migration Creates Food Security Concerns" (La Ronge Now)
- Saskatchewan Poverty Reduction Strategy
- Northern Healthy Communities Partnership